Free Australia.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did the wheels just fall off the ABC?-O'O'O'Brien

Go down

Did the wheels just fall off the ABC?-O'O'O'Brien Empty Did the wheels just fall off the ABC?-O'O'O'Brien

Post  mellie Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Kerry O'Brien to quit 7.30 Report

He interviewed Tony Abbott in May when the Coalition leader famously said he did not always tell the "gospel truth".

A week before that, O'Brien enraged then prime minister Kevin Rudd over the failure of the Copenhagen summit, causing Mr Rudd to snap: "It might be easy for you to sit in 7.30 Report land and say that was easy to do. Let me tell you, mate, it wasn't."

O'Brien also interviewed US President Barack Obama in April this year.

He once listed his former boss and former managing director of the ABC, Jonathan Shier, as his most difficult interview subject.

"My opening question invited him to give us evidence he wasn't a failure. Those weren't the precise words that I used, but it was a tough question," O'Brien has been quoted as saying.

"He subsequently revealed, which I didn't know at the time, that he had been seeking to have me removed from the program."

He won the Gold Walkey, Australia's top journalism award, in 1982, and was once press secretary to former Labor prime minister Gough Whitlam.

Nuff said.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/kerry-obrien-to-quit-730-report-20100924-15py5.html

mellie

Back to top Go down

Did the wheels just fall off the ABC?-O'O'O'Brien Empty Re: Did the wheels just fall off the ABC?-O'O'O'Brien

Post  mellie Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm not buying the whole sea-change thingy, how about you?

Cool

mellie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum